TheDistrictDarlings.com has gotten a huge facelift since when we first started our blog! We recently made the big move from WordPress.com to WordPress.org, so what better way to celebrate that and our new look than a (RE)LAUNCH PARTY with some of the local D.C. ladies and gents that we’ve met along the way.
Nicole and I recently had brunch at Malmaison D.C. and we fell in love with the interior of their cafe, and it’s also right in Georgetown! We immediately knew that spot would be the perfect venue to hold our party. This event was a chance to celebrate and reflect on all of the hard work that went into our new aesthetic, so it meant the world to us that we were able to share this and be surrounded by such a loving and supporting group of friends.
We’re so thankful to have had worked with amazing brands in Bethesda like The Woodhouse Day Spa , Cera Wax Studio , Kendra Scott , and Stella Barra to craft the perfect goodie bags for our guests. The Woodhouse Day Spa is a huge, relaxing and serene environment offering massages, sleep treatments, manicures, body and hand/feet treatments and more. Cera Wax Studio is the amazing waxing studio Nicole and I are obsessed with! They are a waxing-only studio and the staff is so talented at what they do while providing you with a chic and pampering spot to get your treatments done. Kendra Scott’s story herself is a great success story and part of why we love her jewelry so much! She designs her pieces with custom crafted shapes and stones to give each piece its special touch. Stella Barra is a pizzeria who always incorporates delicious local farmers market ingredients to their ever-changing seasonal menu for the perfect taste. Our photographer, Lawrence Santa , is a certified real estate, wedding, and portrait photographer who captured amazing shots below of Malmaison itself, and everyone getting to meet and mingle throughout the night!
Added Bonus: How To Create an Instagramable Platter
Your Shopping List
- Cheeses (obvi)- minimum of 3 (hint: approx. 1 block = 5 people). We went with brie, cheddar and blue.
- Dips- minimum of 2 (hint: approx 1 dip = 6 people). We added humus & Beetroot dip to give the platter a great color
- One small tub of olives, sundried tomatoes, artichokes etc.
- 1-2 packs of assorted salamis and meats
- Crackers- This was about two boxes but you should always get more than you’d expect. This is one thing you don’t want your platter to be short on
- Assorted fruits: Grapes, small pears, pomegranate (slice it in half!), blueberries and raspberries
- 1-2 side bowls of nuts: cashews and almonds
- Chocolate: The pop of Lindt dark chocolate truffles ties the tastes together
*The combo of the foods with the large wooden platter and clear bowls makes it the perfect Instagramable flat lay shot*
(plus you can never go wrong with a side of mini cupcakes too 😉 )
with love, xoxo